February Middle School Virtual Book Club
Time & Location
About The Event
Open to ALL Delaware County MIddle School Students! Online meetings include fun activities and genre-themed discussions! Created by Strengthening Families High School Student Volunteer, and facilitated by Hayes HS Librarian, United Way Afterschool Program Coordinator, and Delaware County District Teen Librarian.
Don't forget you can virtually borrow the suggested books below with a library card on https://www.hoopladigital.com/.
This month we encourage students to read one or more of the books listed below honoring Black History Month or bring a book focusing on African-American experiences/stories the student has already read.
Suggested books to read include:
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds and Ibram X. Kendi
- Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly *young readers edition
- March books 1-3 by John Lewis *graphic novels
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Brown Girl Dreaming by by Jacqueline Woodson